Safety and Security Manager: Vacancy
Thursday 04 Jun 2015 [11:52]
Title: SAFETY AND SECURITY MANAGER
Salary: IN LINE WITH EXPERIENCE
Responsible to: OPERATIONS MANAGER
To lead on Stadium Safety on Match Days by reviewing, preparing and delivering a safe event and ensure all statutory obligations are met. In addition to match day activity, the role will manage the security function of the Liberty Stadium.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to :
- Lead on all pre event planning and risk assessments
- Fulfil role of Match Day Safety Officer
- Developing and maintaining safety systems
- Maintain steward safety equipment
- Assist in the compilation and update of the Match Day Operations Manual
- Lead on administrative tasks including maintenance of staff records, recruitment and training material
- Investigation and reporting of safety incidents and notifiable accidents, including collation and reporting of accidental records
- Liaison, as required, with external agencies including the local authority, police and other emergency services
- Investigation of customer satisfaction issues
- Post event disciplinary procedures including corresponding with colleagues from opposition clubs
- Manage security matters within and around the stadium, leading a small team of security personnel.
Measures of Performance:
- Trained to or working towards NVQ 4 Spectator Safety Management qualification
- Ensure documentation meets the standards required by the Local Authority
- Provide a safe working environment
- Maintenance of the Match Day Operation's Manual
- Investigate customer complaints with the Customer Services Manger
- Ensure that the Safety of the stadium meets with the Safety Certificate requirements
- Investigate notifiable incidents to the standard required by the Local Authority.
- Proven experience in the practical application of health and safety systems
- NVQ 4 held in Spectator Safety Management or be working towards this qualification
- Experience in management of large crowds in a stadia environment
- Knowledge of legislation relating to crowd safety and associated regulations
- Investigative experience within a health and safety environment
- Ability to interact and represent the company in a multi-agency environment
- Good interpersonal skills and ability to work alone or as part of a team
- Outstanding leadership skills and commitment to Equal Opportunities
- High administrative competence
- Sound decision making
- To undertake the personal Health and Safety responsibilities within the HASAW Act 1974
- Ensure that all activities are operated in accordance with Equal Opportunities Legislation and the Swansea Stadium Management Company's Equal Opportunities Policy.
How to apply:
To apply, candidates should send the following information to email@example.com
- Letter of application highlighting motivation for the role and relevant experience.
- Up to date curriculum vitae.
- Details of current remuneration.
The closing date for applications is close of business on Monday 22nd June 2015, with interviews scheduled for week commencing Monday 29th June and Monday 6th July.
SSMC ltd welcomes applications from all sections of the community irrespective of race, sex, sexual orientation, disability, religion or age.
Many thanks for your interest in the Vacancy.